February 28, 2008
Hello again people and I’ve finally made it back up to the Datah Primary school on the 13th of this month as I mentioned on the baliwaves.com surf report. My main reason was to see how everything went with the connecting of the electricity to the school. As I approached the school I was so stoked to see a long line of cement poles supporting the newly aquired electricity cable. And when I went inside the school the first thing one of the teachers did was to flick a light switch on and off to proudly show me their new electric lights in the class room ! So as far as our first objective goes, consider it completed.
Now also while I was at the school the headmaster and I did the calculations on the wall that surrounds the school. Roughly working out the costs to be around AU$1000.00 I wasn’t quite prepared for that amount but on paper it all made sense. I had brought with me only AU$600.00 so I told the boss to start buying the bricks and cement etc with the money I had and to contact me later when he knew the exact amount needed for the repairs. So it looks like I will be making another 3hr trip each way back up to the school later next week with the rest of the funds we have available.
Now while I was there I did shoot some photos with my little digital camera but as Murphy’s Law dictates I can’t (not for the lack of trying) download them from the memory card…. But I’m still trying and hopefully I’ll be able to add the photos to this up-date as soon as it’s possible.
As soon as we get the wall and gate finished hopefully we will still have enough funds to complete the paving of the school assembly area. but we’ll just take it one objective at a time for now.
Once again I want to thank everyone who has been involed with the datah Primary School Project for helping out !!!!!