12th Annual Surftime Magazine Awards a big night at Oldman’s in Canggu! And the winners are…
Kuta, Bali, 07SEP2015 15– The 12th Annual Surftime awards kept its promise to be the best ever, held at a new location and a with a whole new look. This year, the most anticipated party of the year was held on September 5th, beachside in Canggu at Oldman’s Bar and Restaurant.
Considered the “Academy Awards of Indonesian Surfing” this gala night featured 17 different awards that represented the best that Indonesian surfing has to offer including “Best Male Surfer of the Year”, the “Hall of Fame” inductee, and the ever popular “Hottest Style on Land and Sea”.
Live Music, DJ’s, drinks and mayhem ensued as Indonesia’s finest surfers and surf industry captains gathered for a night of celebration under the stars with the stars. Festivities kicked off 7pm and “flowed” into the wee hours.
“We were thrilled with the new venue at Oldman’s,” said Surftime Director Andrew Nalendra, “and proud to bring the night to all our sponsors and all the great surfers in our community. Next year will be even bigger and better!”.
1. Male Surfer of the Year: Marlon Gerber
2. Female Surfer of the Year: Cinta Hansel
3. The 12th Annual Hall of Fame Inductee: Dede Suryana
4. Best Maneuver: Garut Widiarta
5. Best Aerial: Komang Lempog Angga
6. Best Barrel: Lee Wilson
7. Worst Wipe-Out: Raditya Rondi
8. Hardest Charger: Mikala Jones
9. Rookie of the Year: Raju Sena
10. Hottest style on Land and Sea: Sima Rai
11. Photo of the Year: Jason Childs
12. Best Photo Portfolio of the Year: Pete Frieden
13. Hottest Industry Performer: Tai Graham
14 . Best Event: Rip Curl Cup 2014
15. Best Surf School: Rip Curl School of Surf
16. Best Surf Shop: Oakley Seminyak
17. Best Product of the Year: Rip Curl GPS Watch
Special thanks goes to Old Man’s, Hurley, Coca-Cola, Rip Curl, Volcom, Sun Ray Cider, Bintang, Rip Curl School of Surf, Huck, Odysseys Surf School, Quiksilver, Skyy Vodka, Billabong, Oakley, Bobby’s G-Land Camp, OZ Radio Bali, O’Neill, and Cintya Printing