BALI SURF & WEATHER REPORT
2nd – 3rd April 2021
Hello Bali people and thanks for stopping by the baliwaves (the original Bali surf report website since 1999, for surfers by surfers)
I don’t know if most of you are still aware that Bali is really still hurting, most of Bali anyway. I guess you could say there are a couple of area’s around Canggu and down on the bukit that are cashing in from the European explosion. I also heard from a friend who took a trip up to Balian hoping to score a few waves through our flat spell. He couldn’t believe that there were so many surfers up at Balian as well. My family and I have a small guest house that mostly serves to Aussies and there hasn’t been any real Aussie visitors here on holiday since last Jan 2020. We are not alone of course, especially if any of you have watched the last video clip I posted with footage from Kuta and Legian.
Last year there was lots of people organizing relief with financial and food package relief but that seems to have just about stopped. So if you know people here in Bali please drop them a line and check to see if they are ok. There are a lot of desperation and depression happening around the island. Likewise if any of our friends can spare a dollar or two to help my Family it would be greatly appreciated, thanks (please hit this link to help out).
Yesterday the 2nd Ray and I thought we would take a run up to Canggu seeing as though wave height had settled down and suited to the Sandbar and River mouth sections. The wind had also been predicted to be light and variable, another plus. But by 8.00am while we were still in transit (the traffic in that area is almost back to how it was pre pandemic) the ESE – SE Trade wind decided to kick in.
As it shows in our photo gallery surfing conditions were still nice and clean for our first hour while the wind hadn’t gained to much momentum. The SE Trade wind does blow on shore at Canggu but depending on how strong it blows the right hand waves on the river mouth section still have some good shape. Wave height yesterday was only in the 2-3ft+ range or chest to head high with only a couple coming through in the over head class.
We hung out till 10.30am and by that time the wind was getting stronger and the tide getting fatter. Crowd wise it wasn’t too bad at the Gu from Echo reef through the River mouth.
Weather wise it was mostly sunny with intermittent clouds drifting over.
Today the 3rd and wave height here on the Outer Reefs of Tuban has taken a hit on the down size. Only 1-2 footers breaking between Kuta reef and Airport Left. Middle Reef was the best option earlier this morning before the tide filled in. The SE Trade kicked in around 9.00am and right now at 12.00pm is strong and gusty. I’ll be heading back down later this afternoon for another surf check so keep an eye on our FB page for the latest up date.
Weather wise today it has been a nice start to our week with blue sky, as per dry season conditions. Temperature the midday mercury is on 30 degree’s Celsius, Humidly is at 77%. Wind direction is E – SE with gusts up to 12-16knot.
The next tide today in Bali will be a 1.9mtr High around the 2.00pm mark.
Tomorrows Surf Forecast is saying we might see another bump in wave height but maybe later in the afternoon, we will have to wait and see as you can’t tell the Ocean what to do. Wind direction is expected to see the Trade wind kick in early.
Ok friends thanks for stopping by the baliwaves (the original Bali surf report website since back in 19990 Stay say where ever you might be and we really can’t wait to see you all back here in Bali soon.
Recent Comments