BALI SURF & WEATHER REPORT
8th July 2021
Here in Tuban just to the South of Kuta it is still barren of tourism and also doing it very tough. Usually all the guest house and Home stay’s are all doing well. But the last year and a half they are all empty, including our place. If any of our friends out there can spare us a dollar it would shore make a big difference for my family. If you can please click this link to get to our PayPal link or contact us directly, Thank You.
Ok so I was out on the road most of the day yesterday with a trip up into the mountains of North Bali to pick up my other halk and the kids. A total of 7 hrs on the road and if I half close my eye’s I can still see the yellow line that mark the center of the road.
But today we were expecting a forecasted bump in wave height so I took a chance and headed down to Uluwatu. I’ll just bring you up to scratch on “taking a chance” If you haven’t heard the number of new Covid cases in Indonesia, Bali included is going through the roof. So the President has placed restrictions or a partial lock down called PPKM. Then the Bali counterparts have taken it one step further and many parts of Bali are being locked down restricting all travel in certain area’s. So I wasn’t sure if the Bukit area and Uluwatu would even be accessible, but it was and no sign of any road blocks, there were even still lots of westerners flaunting the mandatory face mask laws still, risking deportation.
Anyway I made it down to Uluwatu ok but was trapped in the car park un able to get out of the car due to heavy rain. Camera equipment and rain don’t go together. But it let up enough for me to make a bolt down to the warungs. I was pretty surprised to see around 70 surfers spread from temple’s the The Racetrack, but why not, there was no one stopping them from hitting the water. Wave height at Uluwatu was a solid 6ft or triple head high on the Main Peak sets. Around 50 surfers and a few getting pushed into the waves lining The Peak and around another 15-20 up on Temples.
The Peak was a bit shifty as it usually is but a lucky few got some long and thick tube rides. Up at Temples I saw a couple of surfers get 3 tube sections on 1 wave they caught. The wind wasn’t perfect, mostly variable but still light and clean.
As I mentioned Uluwatu and the warungs were open to the public from what I saw. But driving home past Padang Padang the entrance was blocked off and “Beach Closed” sign was up. Even though I could still see plenty of surfers in the water at the top end of Impossible Reef. I haven’t heard any news from Bingin of Balangan whether they are open of closed.
Weather wise it rain last night and rained most of the morning down on the southern end of the island. It only just started to clear up when I was getting ready to head home around midday.
Tomorrow’s Surf Forecast is saying that we will still have plenty of waves breaking around the island at locations that are open. Backing off a little through out the day.
Ok I’ll do my best to keep getting some new photos at the very least I’ll keep the Bali Lock Down info coming. So keep an eye here on the original Bali surf report website.
For the latest info on World wide Corona Virus statistics
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
For Indonesia and Bali Corona Virus updates this is the best place to get news and info
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BaliCovid
Life here in Tuban / Kuta is still hard and no change over the last 18 months. So we have decided to try and generate a little income by offering some original baliwaves printed tee shirts smaller size S-L-M the price is 9 dollars AUD and size XL-XXL the price is 12 dollars AUD. Follow this link to find out to get yours.
https://www.baliwaves.com/2021/06/help-baliwaves-get-through-the-bali-corona-virus-cash-flow-crisis-with-a-rp90000-original-baliwaves-tee-shirt/
Recent Comments